Jul 18, 2011

Mix It Up Monday: Love Those Aviators

This week I only got one pic.  But I think it's a good one!  Why?

Because of these cool aviator glasses.  And the jewelry.  Can't forget the jewelry!

I have had these glasses for a long time, but got in the habit of wearing my black ones, (they are big and make me look like a movie star...I swear it!).  But they broke :(

Sooooo, I had to dig these out.  And whatdoyaknow...I LOVE them again!


                                          Church Outfit:

Glasses:  Old Navy, Earrings:  A Gift from a friend


Bracelet: The Flower Factory, Ring:  Charming Charlie,  Gray Nail polish: Sally Hanson 

Sandals, Tank and Sweater:  Target, Belt and Skirt:  Fashion Bug, Necklace: The Flower Factory


I feel like a cool chick. 

Even if it *is* riding around in my minivan.  With my entourage of 2 (ages 7 and 5).  With Kidz Bop playing.  While I'm going to the grocery store.  For the third time that day.

Whatever!  I am rocking these aviators like a rock star, (even if it's only in My mind!)

OH, and don't forget to check out my WAVY hair!  With this tutorial from my new close and personal friend Nina, (side note:  is it weird that I consider her my close personal friend even though we've never met?  I mean, I *have* been featured on her blog, and she did answer one of my emails, so there's that...  Sorry Nina if I am creeping you out.  But don't worry, I won't show up at your house or anything.  I'll just keep blog stalking you from this side of the computer :)  )

Anyhow, as I was saying, my close and personal friend, Nina AKA Momma Go Round, had this awesome tutorial for getting wavy hair!  And my hair has almost always been kind of stick straight.  Booooooo!

BUT, I have begun to notice some body in my hair, and thought I would try her tips to see if I could get some wave.  And IT WORKED!  It may not be Super Wavy, but it's enough for me and I am way happy with the results!  Thanks Nina!



Oh, and one other thing.  If you are thinking that you have seen this skirt a time or two (or ten), before, you're right!  I just can't get enough of this classic white skirt.  It's comfy, it goes with everything, and looks good.  What more could a girl want?!


As always, I will be linking up with Real Momma, Real Style at Momma Go Round, and What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy.  Click on over and see what all the other lovely ladies are rocking this week!

Momma Go Roundpleated poppy

8 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! You are working it girl :) I love all your accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome outfit!! I love the jewelry, too. My favorite thing is big rings, so I love your round one.

    And you are right, you are rockin' the shades!

    Followed you here from Real Momma, Real Style.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome! And I like your wavy hair! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...this is my FAVORITE picture of you...I LOVE EVERYTHING about it, the glasses, jewelry and HAIR!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, my friend, are a rockin' trendy mama! Love the jewelry and aviators and "classic" white skirt. Laughed at the 3 trips to the grocery store line, I've so been there! Now off to check out the hair tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit and yes, you rocked those aviators! I'm a bit envious! Your hair looks so pretty! Visiting from RMRS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much ladies for all the blog love! You make a girl feel good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that skirt is perfect! perfect color and length, i'd probably be wearing it every week myself... :)
    readwatchandrelax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.