Jan 30, 2012

Mix It Up Monday: Layers, Layers, Layers

I am wimpy when it comes to the cold. 

And I am ALWAYS cold!  Especially in the winter.

My husband says it's because I'm cold blooded...whatever.

But at any given time during the winter, you will find my hands as cold as ice, and my nose so frosty that I have actually wondered if I could find some kind of nose covering to wear.

Anyhow, that is why I have to wear several layers at all times during the winter months.  Because it's hard to stay warm and still be somewhat fashionable. 

(And because honestly, if I had it my way, I would be wearing my flannel pj's and a fleece around pretty much all the time.)

This outfit is just one example of my layering skills.

Turtleneck and leg warmers: Target, Black shirt: Old Navy, Sweater: Garage Sale, Jeans and Boots: Avenue, Headband: Charming Charlie


I wore it to church and for running errands yesterday and although it kept me mostly warm, I still had my cold nose :(

So tell me, what are some of your tricks for staying warm in the winter and still looking fashionable?  And also, do you know anyone who knits nose sweaters? :)

I will be linking up with Momma Go Round for Real Momma Real Style and The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  Be sure to check them out!


Momma Go Round

pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. I have dreamed if a nose covering too!!! (Another reason we are friends!) I am sitting with a tank, short sleeve shirt, sweater and fleece on right now! And I will be making a fire for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always cold too! Love the layers! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.