Mar 12, 2012

Crisis In Fashionland: Mantyhose

The other day I was perusing various Internet fashion sites, (why are you laughing?  Isn't it obvious that I stay up on the latest fashion trends??).

It's all the rage in Europe...


I came across an article that said Mantyhose (pantyhose for men), is "taking the nation by storm.".

Whaaaa?  No, seriously.  What???

I mean, I am all for men's fashion.  I appreciate mangrooming more than I can say.  I like a nice, tailored suit, a pair of great fitting jeans, and even a great haircut on a man.  Good gracious, I even think guys that are considered 'metrosexual' are great!

But I draw the line at Mantyhose!


source

source
They say it's for warmth as well as style.  But even my eight year old knows pantyhose aren't comfortable.  And as far as style, are they seeing the same thing I'm seeing?

The only thing that could possibly make sense is that a woman with a sick sense of humor came up with this idea.  She was all like, "Let's see how many guys will be dumb enough to start wearing tights if we call them mantyhose and tell them they're in style!".  And sure enough, some poor sucker was all, "I think these mantyhose look kinda good on me, and I hear all the men are wearing em' these days.".  It's like the manbag all over again.

Bottom line: If a guy thinks he's going to look good or be 'in style' in mantyhose, then he's delusional.  The only thing he's going to be is laughed at.

Now, please tell me I'm not the only one out there who thinks this is just plain crazy and MAY be a sign of the Apocalypse?!?!

I will be linking up with Momma Go Round for Real Women Real Style and The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.  Hope on over and check them out!

Momma Go Round


5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm with you. A man in nice clothes is appealing--but mantyhose is toooo far. Pantyhose are very uncomfortable for women--I can't even imagine how a MAN would feel in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason I'm unhappy with this trend is because the man in the top picture has nicer legs in hose than I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMBO!!!! This is tooo funny! I would laugh my hubby out of the house if he wore them. And for warmth ...they have these things called long Johns. Still laughing! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMBO!!!! This is tooo funny! I would laugh my hubby out of the house if he wore them. And for warmth ...they have these things called long Johns. Still laughing! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you here. This is like the manbag, you're right. I like a well dressed masculine looking man.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.