Mar 19, 2011

Rah Rah Rah

This week my 7-year-old participated in a program at our local High School called Cheer Madness. It is actually a fundraiser that the High School Cheerleaders do to raise money, and they invite all girls, Kindergarten through 8th grade to come for three evenings and learn cheers and a dance. On the last evening, the parents are invited to come and watch the girls perform what they've learned.


All the girls who participate in this program really have a good time. They think it's super cool to be able to hang out with the high school girls and to learn new cheers. Plus, it gives the girls a chance to try out cheerleading before committing for a whole season.

I LOVE finding stuff like this for my girls to do! It keeps them active and exposes them to stuff they may not have been able to, or wanted to try before. Often our school sends home opportunities like these, and as long as they are not too expensive, I really try to take advantage of them.

I encourage you to look into the opportunities that your school district or community has for your children to get involved in. Chances are, you'll be surprised at what's available and will really be glad you did!
The first and second graders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.