Every year I have to will myself to hold off on the Christmas music and general Holiday celebrating until Halloween is over.
I want my kids to enjoy all the fun that trick-or-treating brings.
Because, it just isn't the same to trick-or-treat with "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" ringing in your ears, ya know?!
But now that it's officially over, BRING ON THE HOLIDAY CELEBRATING!!!!
The Christmas music will be playing, the cinnamon candles will come out and the baking will begin.
Isn't it just wonderful?!
So in honor of the sheer JOY I feel today as I let loose on all of my Thanksgiving/Christmas celebrations, I am dedicating my Top Ten to Reasons I Love The Holiday Season!
10. Loads of Baked goods! The bagged candy is out the window in honor of warm pies, rich cakes, decorated cookies, and all the other goodies that come out to play for the season.
9. Christmas Music! I could listen to Christmas Music all year round and my kids feel the same way. Just a few weeks ago I heard my youngest humming Jingle Bells in her room. It warms a mother's heart :)
8. Shopping! I know Christmas is not all about the "stuff", but I DO love to buy presents for people. It makes me giddy to try and get the things that I know my loved ones will want.
7. The decorating! Putting up Christmas lights, wreaths, and our beautiful tree with all the ornaments just makes me happier than almost anything.
6. Family Meals! Thanksgiving dinner is by far the best meal of the year. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn casserole, cranberry dressing, rolls...I mean seriously?!
5. Peppermint Mocha's from Starbucks! Enough said...
4. Getting together with friends! During the Holidays, everyone always makes time to get together and celebrate the season with friends, and because I have the very best friends in the world, I can't get enough of it!
3. Christmas cheer! Somehow, during the Holidays, everyone seems to be in a better mood. Even spending an hour in line while you wait to pay for all the goodies you're getting doesn't phase you.
2. All the fun Holiday activities/events we do as a family! Looking at lights, going to The Nutcracker, sledding in the snow, Christmas Tree lighting's, parades, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas movie marathons...I just LOVE all of it!
1. Faith, Family, and friends! I really know what this season is about, and I love celebrating it all.
So tell me, what are you most looking forward to this Holiday Season?
I am linking up with Oh Amanda for Top Ten Tuesday!