And it's not because I don't like to cook.
It's because I have four different people to please, and I hate making the same things all the time.
AND because the crazier our schedules get, the harder it is to think of healthy, fast, and tasty meals.
So I rely heavily on the food blogs I read for new ideas and recipes.
Here are the Top Ten Food Blogs I think every mom should be using as a resource!
1. Once A Month Mom: This is a GREAT site for freezer meals. (And I am NOT just saying that because she is a real life friend!). I would use her site even if I didn't know her, (but I'm glad I do!!), because of the HUGE variety on her site. Everything from Whole foods, Diet menus, Gluten and Dairy Free, and Traditional foods. And don't get scared by the words freezer cooking...she breaks everything down for you into simple and easy steps. Believe me when I say that if I can do it, anyone can do it!
2. The Pioneer Woman: If you haven't heard of Ree Drummond by now, you probably are living under a rock. She has taken the world by storm, and for good reason! While she's not just a "food blogger", her recipes are fabulous, and generally easy to make. I use her site often!
3. Eat At Home: I met this gal at Blissdom last year, and after I got back, I decided to check out her blog. Sooo glad I did! Easy Peasy recipes that my kids like and are budget friendly. Plus, she has menu lists that has printable grocery lists too!
4. Crcokpot365.blogspot.com: This is a great site for slow cooking. I use my crock pot at least once a week, so this site has come in handy more than a few times when I want to make something different than the usual. They even have slow cooker dessert recipes!
5. KevinandAmanda: Speaking of desserts, this is one of the VERY best dessert sites I have ever seen!! Again, not just a food blog, but my favorite recipes are these fabulous desserts that are sure to raise your cholesterol and increase your weight, but oh so worth it!
6. Our Best Bites: This is a great site for a little bit of everything. Plus, they always have really great kitchen tips! For example, if you want to know how to pick out and cut a watermelon...Check it out here!
7. Real Mom Kitchen: This is another great site for those of us who need normal, every day, no nonsense recipes. Everything on her site is pretty simple and easy to understand. It quickly became one of my favorites!
8. Plain Chicken: The name might suggest that it's just a chicken recipe site, but that's not the case. They have lots of other good recipes. BUT, I must admit that I use it mostly for the chicken recipes, (because we eat a lot of chicken around here..cluck cluck!). They are tried and true
9. Skinny Taste: This is a blog I found via Pinterest. I realized that i was pinning a lot of the recipes/ideas and decided to start following the blog. She has a lot of great recipes that are low fat and healthy. And she also has a lot of great switchout ideas using better/healthier ingredients in traditional recipes.
10. Cooking With My Kid: The title is pretty self explanatory. This site has great recipes that are also kid assistant friendly. I use this one on days that the girls want to help me in the kitchen and I want to keep them busy!
I will be linking up with Many Little Blessings for Top Ten Tuesday and We Are THAT Family for WFMW. Check em' out!