Aug 8, 2012

For The Love of Reading: Sophie Kinsella


I have shared my love of reading before. 

And often, I am asked which Authors I like to read.

So today, I want to tell you about one of my favorites: Sophie Kinsella.

You may have already heard of her, as she wrote the book, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" which was made into a fun movie starring Hugh Dancy.

And while the movie was cute, the book was soooooo much better!

{Which, in my opinion, is almost always true...}

And, in fact, she has an entire series devoted to 'Shopaholic'.

The reason I love Sophie Kinsella's books are that they are always light hearted, spirited and fun to read. 

The main character is usually a young woman who has the best of intentions, but always finds herself in some hilarious, crazy circumstance.

And her witty, irreverent, British humor cracks me up.

Often, I find myself laughing out loud while reading.

And for a time, I can just relax, forget the serious stuff in life, and enjoy a story that is zany and fun.

I have read several of her books, including:

I've Got Your Number

Twenties Girl (my favorite!)

The Undomestic Goddess

Can You Keep A Secret?

AND, I'm getting ready to start Remember Me?

So tell me, have you read any Sophie Kinsella books?  Which is your favorite?  What are some of your other favorite Authors?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.