Jan 6, 2012

My Sunshine

My sweet Addy girl!


Each of my girls have a special song.

It is the song I sang them to sleep with when they were infants.

The song that I sang when they were sick.

Or when they fell down and got hurt.

It is the song I sang them when they got their feelings hurt.

And when they were scared.

It is also the song I sang them when I was scared, and just needed to hold them.


Addy's special song is "You Are My Sunshine."

And she is.

This little girl was my dream.  I knew at a young age that I wanted to be a mommy.  And that desire only grew over time.

When my husband and I married, I knew that even though it was probably a good idea to wait a while before we started a family, my desire to have a baby was going to win out.

I had DREAMED of her.

Her big brown eyes.

Her sweet smile.

Her curls.

Her sweet baby smell.

I even knew her name.

Addy at 6 months
And when that baby girl was born to us on January 6th, 2004, my dream came true.

She made my whole world.

It was beyond anything I ever knew.

The love I had for her was overwhelming and wonderful, and frightening all at the same time.

She was the most amazing blessing, and I was obsessed with her.

I would watch her sleep, and listen to her tiny baby sounds.  I would hold her cheek to mine and pray that God would protect her forever.  I would kiss her chubby baby toes.  I would tickle her perfect little tummy.  And I would sing to her.

I spent hours singing to my little girl.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
when skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away


Addy at ballet when she had just turned 3

And that little girl has been my sunshine and blessed my life in more ways than I can ever count.  I am so proud of her and the person she is growing into.  I wish I could say that was all me, but I know better. 

She is her own person. 

And I love that.


Addy at Disney on her 4th birthday

Happy birthday to my sweet Addy girl!  I love you more than you will ever know, (or at least until you have a child of your own), and my prayer for you is that you continue to grow into the person that God has created you to be. 

And never forget, you will always be momma's sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I can't believe how much she has changed! She is for sure a ray a sunshine. God has big, big plans for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your girls each have special songs! Happy Birthday Addy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.