Jun 14, 2012

Transitions

Transitions can be tough.

And this is where I find myself right now.

My last post was about the passing of my mom and how much it hurts and how awful I feel.

And while I want to blog about "normal" life again, it's hard.

How do you go from, 'here's what I said at my mom's memorial service' to 'Top Ten ways to entertain your kids this summer'?

It seems awkward at best.

But the truth is that no matter how much it feels like life should kind of stop for a while, it doesn't.

My girls are still going to VBS, having sleepovers, and going to the pool.

I am still watching the Bachelorette on Mondays, shopping at Target, and celebrating my birthday in a couple weeks.

And while there are still plenty of rough days, where all I do is sit around and cry, there are also still lots of fun days that I want to share about on this blog.

But if I only share about the fun stuff, and leave out all the hard stuff, I wouldn't feel like I'm being 100% honest with you.

Not that I want this blog to turn into Debbie Downer...my mom would hate that!

But I guess what I'm saying is that I want to be real with you, both on the good days and bad. 

So, for a while at least, you might get a post on Monday about a great skirt I found, and the next day might be about what grief looks like for me. 

And then the next day might be about ice cream.

You just never know.

Hope you'll take this roller coaster ride with me.


2 comments:

  1. Love you Ricki! It's been a while since we've gotten to chat - would love to hang out soon!
    Love you on the good, bad and in between days too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.