Insomnia and I have become close friends.
Not by my choosing.
But I'm guessing that I'm not the only one she is stalking.
So, in case you, too, are failing at avoiding her, I have some suggestions for stuff to do while you hang.
10. Ask Your Husband If He's Awake. And if he's not, go ahead and wake him up. Just to chat. Husbands love having heart-to-hearts in the middle of the night.
9. Peruse Pinterest. If you're lucky, you can find some great DIY projects to keep you busy the next night when you're not sleeping.
8. Do A DIY Project. See #9.
7. Watch Infomericals. I am in awe of the sheer amount of Ah-Maz-Ing products out there that I never knew existed. For instance, how in the world have I lived my whole life without using InstaHang? I mean, I have spent years hanging pictures with a plain old hammer and nails. Never again my friend! And I really think the Hypnosis Weight Loss program is going to be what finally does the trick for me. Seriously, those 'actual customers' said it really worked for them. I'm a believer!
6. Read. Since you're sleepy, you won't be able to focus on anything heavy, so stock up on People, US Weekly, and anything else that has a Kardashian on the front.
5. Check out AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com I promise you won't be disappointed!
4. Eat. There is no one around to witness you consuming the ENTIRE half gallon of ice cream AND/or the leftover pizza. And if no one saw it, did it ever really happen? I didn't think so.
3. Give Yourself a Mani/Pedi. I have learned from experience that if you are a parent of young children, this may be the ONLY time that you can get by with painting your nails without the risk of them being immediately ruined by the urgent need for juice or a snack or bathroom assistance.
2. Clean. Oh wait, did you think I was serious with this one? No way! Not even insomnia and the extra hours she brings are enough to make me want to do actual housework. I'm still me after all...
1. Write A Blog Post. If you haven't started a blog yet, this is a great time to join in. Plenty of time to write and not a soul in the world to interrupt you. If you're already a blogger, go ahead and write a post about your insomnia. As you can see, this is riveting stuff.
Linking up with Many Little Blessings for Top Ten Tuesday. Go check them out!