May 3, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Awesome:

Last weekend we went to dinner with some friends and then had them back here to watch Jim Gaffigan's new comedy special, Mr. Universe.

It.  Was.  Hilarious.

source

I was laughing so hard that at one point I was sure that I was going to stop breathing.  If you need a good laugh, be sure to download it, (it's not available in stores or on TV).

Also Awesome:

Our House Church.  We attend a local church that we love, but we also attend a weekly home church in our community.  It is similar to a small group, but different in that we have a meal together, we have worship time, we study The Bible together, we do communion together, we do children's lessons...it really is more like an actual church (just really casual and less organized).

But I LOVE our House Church.  It's not always easy, and sometimes it's downright difficult.  But the way God uses it to change me and grow me as a person is beyond what I could have imagined.  Our marriage is better because of it, our parenting is better and my walk with Jesus is better.  I am so thankful for this group of people.

Awkward:

When my girls ask where baby's come from, I have always told them that when a man and woman get married, they pray to God for a baby.  Then, He puts one in the mommy's belly or in another mommy's belly for them to adopt.  Then, when it's time, you either go to the hospital and your baby is born or you go get it from the lady who had your baby.

So the other day, my five-year-old was talking about babies and weddings and asked what would happen if your baby came before or on your wedding day.

Hmmmm, this could get tricky, I thought.

I said, "well, that could happen, but usually mommy's and daddy's get married first and then pray for the baby."

"But what happens if God wants you to have the baby first?" she asked.

"Well, God usually likes it if the mommy's and daddy's are married first" I say

"Yeah, but why do some mommy's and daddy's have their baby before they get married?" she asks.

Me quickly trying to think of an age appropriate answer...

"Hey, guess what, I bought new fruit snacks yesterday.  Want one?"

"Yep" she says.

And that was the end of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.