As you all know, I am a reality show junkie.
My husband may say that it's all trash, (and he may be right...), but I think I actually learn a lot from these shows.
So today, I am sharing some of my reality-show-found-wisdom with you.
No thanks required :)
10. Spray tans don't look good on anyone. If you think they make you look good, you're kidding yourself. You look orange. And nobody is fooled. It's winter. In Michigan. The jig is up.
9. Giving Yourself A Nickname Isn't Cool. In fact, names like "The Situation" and "JWOW" just make you sound ridiculous. And if you must give yourself a name, make it something that actually describes you, like "No Class Jenny" or "Drunk and Dumb Mike".
8. Lots of Women Call Themselves Housewives, and they Aren't Even Married. It's weird because 'wife' is even in the title, but somehow, some women don't seem to catch on...
7. Who Needs Talent? All you need to be famous is a naughty little video tape and rich parents! In fact, after your infamous tape, your whole family can be reality TV stars! It really is the land where anything is possible...
6. Teach your boys that life is about more than GTL. If you don't know what that means, good for you! You just earned several points in my book. Unfortunately, I do know what it means. It's Gym, Tan, Laundry. Apparently, to lots of young men, this is a productive day.
5. Getting Married After Three Weeks Isn't A Good Idea. Imagine if your daughter came home and said she met a hot guy a few weeks ago, and while he was dating her, he was also dating twenty other women. But now, after lots of drinking, group dates and spending a night in a 'fantasy suite', he's chosen her, so they're getting married. Nope, doesn't sound good now, huh?
4. Mob Life Isn't What We Thought. We all watched movies like The Godfather and GoodFella's and thought that Mob life looked kind of glamorous. But apparently, being a Mob Wife just means you like to drink, curse and fight. We have another name for that in the Midwest. It's called white trash. (was that over the line?...)
3. If You Go On A Show Called 'Survivor', You Might Want To Know A Little Bit About Surviving. At least learn to build a fire. Surely they had *some* warning that they were going to be on the show...
2. I Could Never Be A Sister Wife. I mean, all that help with the kids, cooking, etc. sounds great. But if 'sister' wants to join my husband in bed, we're gonna have issues.
1. Pay For College! If I've learned anything from Reality TV, it's that I don't want my daughter's on it!
Hope you enjoyed Today's Top Tuesday :) Hop on Over to Many Little Blessings and check out all the other Top Ten's from Today!