Apr 26, 2011

An Indoor Idea

Last week we wanted to get together with some friends for a play date.  Usually we would go to the park for that.  But if you live in Ohio, then you know that it has been raining.

And raining.

And raining.

It has seemed, at times, like we would need to start building an ark.  But I am holding off on that for now, and trusting that dryer days will come. 

(But I may start pricing wood just in case...)

(BTW, what kind of wood do you need to build an ark?)

ANYHOW, since a park date was not an option, I was thinking that we would need to meet at a fast food play area again.

(Is it bad when the Chick-fil-a people start to know you by name?)

But my friend told me about this church that has an indoor play area that is open to the public from 11-4 Monday thru Friday.  What?  How have I never known about this until now?  This is a GENIUS idea!

So on Thursday we met at Stillwater United Methodist Church on Fredrick Pike.  We brought lunches, (they have tables available to eat at from those who want to use them), and then the kids took off into the play area while the mommies found a place to sit and chat. We stayed for about 2 hours and Faith had a great time, and so did momma!  They had a huge tunnel/slide thing (think McDonalds), and then they also had play houses, play kitchens, and benches for younger kids or for when the older ones want to be a little more creative.


I seriously am always saying that a REAL restaurant, (not just fast food) should have play areas.  That way, parents can go and enjoy a nice meal, that doesn't include chicken nuggets and fries, and kids can have a fun time too.  But doing it at a church is even better!  We can bring our own lunch, if we want, and it's FREE!!! 

The only down side is that it's not very close to where I live.  It took me about 20 minutes to get there, which isn't horrible, but not ideal either. 

If you are out that way, or are up for a short drive, I highly suggest checking it out.  Here is the link to the church if you want more info.

1 comment:

  1. Not too far from me :) I will definitely check it out, thanks! :)

    P.S. I think you can use the wood from an Acacia tree ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.