Aug 8, 2011

Mix It Up Monday: Back-To-School For Mom's

Last week we let kids fashion trends shine.  This week, it's all about the momma's!

Because, showing up to a school function in a hoody and ball cap once is okay.

Showing up Everyday in that same outfit is NOT!

And not because you need to impress anyone, but because you deserve to look good too!  Let's face it, when we take the time to put effort into how we look, we feel better about ourselves.  And when we feel like we look good, it gives us the confidence to be our best self!

Besides, who says soccer mom, (or cheer mom in my case), has to be a bad thing?  I see lots of mommas around me who look amazing standing on the side of those soccer fields!

Here are some looks I LOVE for Back-To-School time that mommas around the globe can rock out!

(NOTE:  See YESTERDAY'S GIVEAWAY to win a $20 Target Gift Card so you can shop some of these fun looks for yourself!)






I adore all of these looks!  Many of them come from pins I have pinned on Pinterest.  I am hoping to work each one into my wardrobe at some point, (or at least my take on the look!).

I also found some of these at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Lands End, and H&M. 

Now, my personal style tends to go more classic.   I try to find pieces that will last and that I can use season after season.  But I like to mix in trendy accessories to bring me up to date.

For example, we all KNOW I love my white skirt.  It's classic and I can wear it forever.  But I just found these AWESOME cowboy boots at Goodwill and

they.  are.  killer.

I mean seriously.  Rachael Zoe would be proud.

But these are a trendy item.  A couple of years from now, I might be wondering what in the world I was thinking wearing cowboy boots with a skirt. 

(I don't think that will EVER happen, but it's possible...)

Or take hair accessories.  I am in love with headbands right now with big huge flowers on them.

They are all the blogger rage.  But next year, who knows?!

But the great thing is, it doesn't matter.  I am spending very little on these trendy items and can change up my look next year by just replacing the accessories and pairing different colors.

BUT, if you *are* wondering what is on trend this fall, here's what I am seeing...

First, flare jeans are in.  Not that you won't see skinny anymore, but wide leg and flare are back and most likely people will be sticking to the skinny when they wear boots etc.

Also, pleats.  Now, this is not exactly welcome news to me because I can't really wear pleats.  So, this is a trend I will pass on!  But for those who can wear pleats, you will find them aplenty in skirts and pants this fall.

Another trend is fur.  I would try to go with the faux kind, and keep it simple.  A vest is enough...you don't want to be mistaken for an animal, you just want to be in style. 

A few other things you will see are:  Plaid, Big Bold Leather Belts, Scarves (which I am convinced is a new classic!), Corduroy, And anything that looks like it came from the 70's.

So, are you inspired? 

You should be!

Now tell me, what's your favorite look for Fall?  What makes you feel comfortable and good?  What new trend are you going to try this season?

As always, I will be linking up with Momma Go Round for Real Momma Real Style and The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  Click on over and check out all the great styles these momma's are showin' off!
   



3 comments:

  1. Those are great looks!! I think what I like most about fall are the warm colors and the knit or sweater cardigans.

    I have started planning my fall outfits, too! Great idea to use a "back-to-school" theme.

    I followed you here from Real Momma, Real Style.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowboy boots are a fashion staple and never go out of style!! Boots and skirts YES!! (disclaimer...coming from Colorado where boots are always in style!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all gorgeous looks... I'd wear them all!! :) I would really love to have a pair of riding boots. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.