Aug 1, 2011

Mix It Up Monday: Kid's Back-To-School Edition

Yay!  It's finally here...The Back-To-School Series.  Starting today, there will be TWO FULL WEEKS of Back-To-School related posts. 


Now stop having a panic attack about it being back-to-school time.


I'm here to help!! 


I will have ideas of all kinds of stuff to help eeeeeaaassssse you back into the back-to-school spirit, and hopefully by the end, you will feel inspired and ready!


So here we go with our first post!


Back-to-school fashion can be tricky.  When you start to head out shopping, it can seem overwhelming and frustrating if you aren't prepared.  A few tips on how to help prepare are:


-Know before you go!  Go through the clothes your kids already have to see what fits and what doesn't.  That way, you won't spend a whole day shopping for jeans and then realize that they already have 5 pairs that fit.  Also, you won't get to a chilly day and realize last years jacket won't cut it.


-Buy what they need, for now!  I learned this lesson the hard way.  I would always buy jeans, sweaters, etc. for back-to-school, and then when the weather was actually cool enough to wear them, the girls had grown and the clothes I bought were already starting to get tight.  Plus, those things will go on sale in a month or so, (when they will actually *need* to wear them), so hold off and buy only the things they will need to get them started.


-Do your research!  Find out who is offering the best clearance, deals and rewards.  Lots of summer stuff is on clearance, and as I said before, *that* is the stuff they are really going to be wearing for now.  Also,  for many places, if you spend so much money, they give you credit for later, (like Gymbucks at Gymboree for example).  This is great because you can buy the stuff you need for now, and when you go back for the jeans and sweaters, you have free money to spend!  Shopping for back-to-school is definitely an expense, but make your money work for you the best you can.


Now that I've said all that, let's see some cute looks that I love for Back-To-School:










There you have it!  Makes you want to run right out and shop right now, doesn't it?! 

I tried to break up warmer weather looks and cooler weather looks for both boys and girls.  It really looks like a lot of cute stuff is coming out. 

For boys *and* girls, Camo is definitely a trend.  Plus, layering, and accessories are where it's at!  I especially love the girls cooler weather look with shorts and sweater tights...soooo trying that this year with my older daughter!  Also for girls, ruffles!!  Girls love it and mommas love it too. 

Graphic tees are never out of styles for boys, and plaid is a must...your going to see it everywhere. 

Most of these looks can be found at Old Navy, Gap, Gymboree, The Children's Place, and Lands End. 

So get out there and shop til ya drop...or at least until you get what you need :)

***Next week, I will be featuring a Mom's Back-To-School Style!  Lots of ideas for moms for PTO meetings, sporting events, and carpooling.  Because after all, Kid's shouldn't have ALL the Back-To-School fashion fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! My little girl is Starting school.. I am not ready AT ALL!!! My baby can NOT be that old all ready! But she told me "Mom you got to do what you got to do!".... I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.