Aug 16, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons I LOVE Fall
Fall is coming...I can feel it!
The weather here has been a little cooler this week, and in the evenings, it is PERFECTION!
And it has inspired me to post about the Top Ten things I LOVE about fall!
10. S'mores! I never feel guilty about indulging in these yummy treats during the fall season. This year, I'm gonna kick it up a notch with some of the yummy s'mores themed desserts I have found on Pinterest!
9. Boots! Don't get me wrong, I live in my flip-flops all summer long. But as soon as fall gets here, I dig out my boots and don't take them off until spring. And this year, I have cowboy boots to add to my collection :)
8. Routine! I know I've hit the back-to-school theme home over the last two weeks, but I really do love the routine that school and fall brings back into our lives.
7. Sweaters! I ADORE a good, comfy, sweater. And I have a gazillion of them to prove it. Can't wait to start breaking them out!
6. Bonfires! If I could have a bonfire every single night, I would! I love the smell. I love the calm it brings. I love roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. I love everything about it.
5. Friday night High school Football! I am lucky enough to live in a city that has a pretty awesome team, and the entire town gets behind it! It seriously feels like a college game when you're there and it is SOOOO FUN!
4. Halloween! For my family, fall means Halloween and as soon as September rolls around, they start asking how much longer until trick-or-treat. We plan our costumes and buy candy WEEKS too early, (and usually eat it all and have to buy more...), go to crazy amounts of parties, (and have one too!), and when the day comes, we head out with friends and let the kids gather up as much candy as they can so mom and dad can eat it :)
3. Hayrides and Pumpkins! This is a tradition we never miss! We head out to a really neat local farm, and take a crazy-bumpy-muddy-fun-filled ride out to the pumpkin patch and let the kids pick out their favorite. They think it's awesome and I love watching them make these memories!
2. Comfort Food! Bring on the Chili, Stew, Casseroles, Roasts, Crock-Pot Meals, and warm gooey desserts!
1. Festivals!!!!! My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE THING ABOUT FALL! I love festivals! I will go to just about any, (ask my husband!. I spend hours wandering the streets looking at crafts, eating yummy festival treats, and people watching. For me, it is pure bliss. And I am lucky to live in the mid-west where fall festivals are aplenty! Bring it on!
As always, I am linking up with oh Amanda for Top Ten Tuesday. Head over and check out the other Top Ten Lists!