Jul 29, 2011

A Couple of Friends


I did a post a while back talking about Momma Friends. 

Those ladies are important in your life for sure!  But one thing I am realizing more and more, is that couple friends are really imprtant too.

Because you can't always leave your hubby behind when you go out.

And because it's important that when you go out as couples, that the men get along as well as the women.

And because when your kids are grown and out of the house, you will be glad that you have close friends in the same life stage as you.


My husband and I are so lucky to have a lot of couple friends that we really love.

Some have been friends with us for a REALLY long time.

Some are new friends that we are having fun getting to know.

Some have helped us in our marriage when we've had hard times.

Some have prayed for us when we have been struggling with other life issues.

Some have encouraged us when we were feeling down.

Some have taken us to dinner to celebrate.

Some have stayed up all night dancing and playing silly games with us.

Some have held us accountable when we've needed it.

Some have become like family to our children.

Some have made us laugh until we cried.


I am so thankful for the relationships we have with these friends.  My husband and I truly value the time that we get to spend with these dear people, and we know for sure that without them, life wouldn't be nearly as fun, or nearly as great!

So I am encouraging you to spend time together, not just with your girlfriends, (although that's important too!), but as couples.  Invest in those friendships and make time for them.  It's time you won't regret.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for you "momma" friendship and "couple" friendship. Rob and I both love being with you, Jeremy and your girls! You are wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.