Apr 26, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

A few of the blogs I follow do these posts on Thursdays called Awkward and Awesome.

And I LOVE reading them.

Because it means that I'm not the only one with a lot of awkward in their life.

So today, I am sharing some of my own awkward and awesome.

You're welcome :)

Awesome:

My oldest, Addy, has been afraid of dogs since she was a baby.  We have tried pretty much everything to help her, but nothing has worked.  BUT, my friend was moving last weekend and asked us to watch her dog for the week.  I said yes.

I said yes because I knew this might be the only way for Addy to get over her fear.  She had to actually be forced to be around a dog for an extended period of time.

AND IT WORKED!!!!

Not sure if she'll be around any other dogs, but she has fallen in love with this one.




It's a great first step!

Also Awesome:

I might be the last person on Earth to find out about this, but there is this great website I found called SparkPeople.com.  It's a site that is to help people to start and track their weight loss efforts.  It has tons of great info and is really easy to use.  I am trying to get motivated (again) to start exercising and eating better and I really think this is going to help.

Awkward:

So I ran into my daughter's kindergarten teacher at the grocery the other day.  We are friends, too, so we got to chatting and she told me she was heading to Barnes and Noble for a school fundraising thing.  I hadn't heard about the fundraiser and didn't have time to go by, so I gave her money and told her that I had been hearing all about this book Fifty Shades of Grey on Facebook.  People were saying that it was like Twilight, and since I LOVED the Twilight Series, I wanted to get the book and check it out.  I asked her if she would get it for me. 

She agreed and off she went.  A couple hours later I got a call from her.  The conversation went something like this:

Me:  "Hello?"

Teacher: "Hey.  I'm here at the bookstore and ummmm....(pause), just wondering if you know anything about this book?"

Me: "Yeah.  It's like Twilight."

Teacher: "Yeah.  Ummmm, kinda.  Well, except it's in the Erotica section"

Me: GASP!  And then hysterical laughing!

Teacher:  "So I had to ask the guy at the help desk where it was, and he told me it was in the erotica section.  I told him that he must be wrong because I was looking for the book that was like Twilight for my friend.  He said, 'yeah', and then gave me a copy to page through.  It's definitely erotica."

Me: "I am sooo sorry!  I had no idea."  Still laughing.

Teacher: "And I'm pretty sure he thinks I was making the 'friend' up and really just asking for it for myself.  And then, a parent walks up while the book is in my hand and says hello.  And then I have to ask the help desk guy for help finding children's material.  I think I sounded a little creepy.

Me:  Hysterically laughing some more.

Teacher:  "So do you want it?"

Me:  "No!  But that is about the best story I have heard in a long time!"

Teacher:  "I'll send your money home in an envelope on Monday."

I think maybe I should let her keep it :)

So tell me, do you have any Awkward or Awesome moments from this week to share??

3 comments:

  1. Your awkward story is AWESOME! I heard a ton about the book too but googled and then was was like...ooh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard I am crying! I just heard about the book on a talk show, so I can imagine. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.