Feb 23, 2012

Movies I Love

Since The Oscars are this weekend, I thought I would do today's post about Movies that I love.

Image Detail


First, you should know that I almost always see a movie only once.

If I have seen it twice, it must be really good.

And if I have seen it several times, then it's probably one of the best movies of all time.  (If I do say so myself!)

So, in no particular order, here are some of my all time favorites:

- Gone With The Wind.  It's a classic and I have seen it several times. 

-Sixteen Candles.  It isn't Oscar worthy, but it's one of my guilty pleasures.  I mean, what girl has not daydreamed about Jake Ryan? 

-A Beautiful Mind.  This one did win an Oscar and it was definitely deserving! 

-Ocean's Eleven.  The George Clooney version.  BTW, pretty much anything with George Clooney would be on my 'must see' list :)

-The Sound of Music.  It is a classic for sure and I am hoping that this is the year I get to share it with my 2 little girls!

-Inception.  I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie.  Loved it!!

-Bridesmaids.  I saw this with some of my best friends and it was hysterical!  Melissa McCarthy totally deserves and Oscar for her role.

-Forrest Gump.  Just because.

-All of The Twilight Movies.  I tried to resist the Twilight frenzy, but I just couldn't.  Now I'm that mom acting like a teenage girl and waiting in line to see the midnight showing...

-Up.  If you didn't cry when the man's wife died, then I have no words.  We can't even be friends.

-Pride and Prejudice.  The version with Keira Knightely is my favorite.  It is sappy and wonderful.

-An Affair To Remember.  It's an older film and I only watched it after it was referenced in Sleepless In Seattle.  I am so glad I did because it has become one of my all time favorites!

-Anne of Green Gables.  Call me crazy, but that movie sucks you right in.

-Dirty Dancing.  No one puts baby in a corner. (Had to...)  I seriously watched this movie so many times when I was in middle school that I had the ENTIRE thing memorized.  Every.  Single.  Line.

-The Sixth Sense.  After watching it once, the surprise is ruined, but it still goes down as one of the best endings ever!

-The Harry Potter Movies.  Especially the last one, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2.

-The Help.  The movie was almost as good as the book.  And that's saying something!

-Titanic.  Cheesy, I know.  But I saw that movie a dozen times and loved it each time.

Okay, my brain is tired of thinking of movies.  Tell me what are some of your all time favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.