Mar 23, 2011

Right in our own backyard...

Today started out beautiful, (Note: There is a Thunderstorm Warning and a Tornado watch right now. Not turning out to be my favorite kind of weather day...)
When Faith came home from Preschool, she decided to go outside to play, which I was more than happy to allow. (When else is a mom suppose to watch all of her DVR'd shows?)

You see, out in our backyard, we have this swingset that came with the house when we bought it 2 years ago. The set is by no means new, and it doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that some of the newer/bigger/more expensive sets have, but our girls LOVE it. To them, it couldn't be better. And I love that.


It totally brings out their creativity. Some days they are on a pirate ship. Other days, they are sliding down a mountain, (aka- slide). It has also been a princess tree house, a rocketship, and a jungle. But sometimes, it's just a swingset, and that's okay too.



I am so glad that we have this little space in our backyard where our girls can be anything they want to be, go anywhere they want to go, and just enjoy being the fun little girls they are.

I know that at some point, (probably MUCH sooner than I am ready for), that set will sit in our backyard untouched. No children will be swinging, laughing or playing on it. It won't be fun or cool, and our girls won't be interested. But for right now, it is a beloved piece of our landscape, providing endless hours of joy, and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.