Jul 19, 2011

Hooray For Hiking!

On Saturday, my family decided to head to a near-by State Park, (John Bryan) and do some hiking.  Never mind that it was like the hottest day so far and that when we left, I looked like I had jumped into the river because of how sweaty I was.  Nevertheless, we had fun!

I love John Bryan because it is close, and it has become kind of a tradition for my family to go hit the trails there and then go to Young's Dairy for some yummy ice cream.

Hiking (exercise) and eating ice cream (the anti-exercise).  Hmmmm, maybe I need to re-think our traditions...

Anyhow, my girls really enjoy doing this together as a family.  It's funny how much kids will open up and talk about things when you take away all the distractions of TV, computers and games.  As a parent, I really appreciate that.

Here are a few pics from our fun day together:





 
I know, you're wondering where the pics of the ice cream are?  Well, we were too busy eating it to think about taking pictures.  But that Key-Lime Crunch I had was AWESOME! 

If you are local, I encourage you visit John Bryan and explore the beauty that it has to offer.  (Note:  There are lots of shelters and picnic tables if you want to pack a lunch.  we have done that many times and the kids love it!  You can also camp at John Bryan.  For more info. on that, click here)

If you aren't local, check out some of the State Parks or great hiking spots by you!  We have been taking our girls since they were 2, and I'm sure your kids will have a great time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.