Jul 1, 2011

Stuff We Did

While on blogger hiatus, my little family and I were out doing lots of fun stuff.

And ohhhh how I wanted to share it all with you.  But don't be sad, because now I can!

One of my favorite things that we did was a day trip to Carriage Hill MetroPark in Huber Heights.  This place was spectacular!  First we did the pony rides, which are $3 per child/per ride.  (Pony rides are available on Saturday's and Sunday's from 10am-4pm for kids ages 2-7).  Addy was super excited and couldn't wait.  Faith- Not so much.  She opted NOT to ride that day.  Which was fine because she *did* go over to pet the horses.  Little Steps...


Addy riding the pony


 After, we headed over to the Main Farm area.  Can I just say that this place was soooo cool?!  The workers are dressed in 1880's attire and doing demonstrations of sewing, butter making, blacksmith, wood carving, etc.  Plus, they have farm animals out for kids to see.



The workers really make it special and interactive for the kids, and it's so neat for kids to get to see how things were done before all the modern amenities we have today!  You can always call ahead to see what demonstrations are going on that day, and if there are any other special programs going on.  The Number is 937-278-2609.  And did I mention that it's all FREE?!  Yep...who doesn't love that?!

PLUS, this Sunday July 3rd, from 12pm-5pm, they are hosting A Grand Old Independence Day!  There will be period games and contests as they celebrate the holiday!  There will also be an ice cream social!  For all the info. about the farm and schedule, check out their website here

After our fun morning at Carriage Hill, we decided to stop at The Air Force Museum on the way home.  Since we have girls, we don't get out to the AFM that much, because that just hasn't been their thing.  BUT, I did want them to experience this GEM that is right in our area. 
Jeremy and the girls

There is so much there, and it really is amazing to see all the aircrafts that have been used throughout history.  It took us about an hour to go through it, but that was because my girls were tired and they are still kind of young to truly appreciate all that the AFM has to offer.  Older kids and boys could easily spend an entire afternoon there.

Another thing I noticed is the wonderful amount of green space that is around the museum.  They have a bunch of picnic tables too, and next time, we will be packing a lunch for sure to enjoy the day there!

Admission to the AFM is free, but there is a cost for the Imax Theater.  The hours are 9am-5pm daily.  Check here for more info.

It always amazes me how much fun stuff there is to do with children in our area.  I feel really lucky that we live in a place where we can have a fun family day without spending a lot of money. 

So tell me, what are some of your family's favorite things to do in our area, (or your own if you aren't local!)???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.