Jul 16, 2011

Sunscreen...What do you Use?


My family Loves the Sun and Water.  We spend a good amount of time at the pool and at parks, and it's important for me to make sure my kids are properly protected from the sun.


In the past I would buy the biggest bottle of lotion I could find at the beginning of the summer, lather them up every day, (sometimes twice while at the pool), and we were good to go.

But I HATED getting the lotion all over me, (because I lather my kids up with like 400, and me like 2.  I like them to stay ghostly white, and I like to be nice and DARK), and I hated the way the greasy stuff seemed to never come off all the way.

And then I discovered the most wonderful thing....SPRAY SUNSCREEN!  It sprays a nice little mist all over the kids and I don't have to get my hands all greasy.  PLUS, it is WAY quicker than doing the lotion lather.  Which obviously means less whining and wiggling while I try to apply it.  Yay for Momma!!!

But here is the downside to this little wonder:  I go through, like, a bottle every other day and it is more expensive, and it doesn't seem to work as well.

Anyone else having this issue?

Just wondering if maybe we are trying the wrong brands, (we have tried several), or we are applying it wrong.  Or maybe it's just the trade off for convenience.

But OHHHHHHHH How I love convenience!

So tell me, What brands do you Love?  Are you having some of these same issues?  What are you doing different?  I am interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.