May 8, 2011

Goose and Monkey

Addy (3) and Faith (1) 


My Dearest Goose and Monkey,
                               I have loved you from the moment God placed you perfectly in my body.  You have challenged me, loved me, and changed me, and for that, I am forever grateful. 

I'll be honest with you and tell you that some days, I wonder if I will make it.  Parenting is so much harder than I ever imagined.  But it also comes with greater rewards than I ever thought possible.  Your smiles, and giggles, and silly faces make me feel joy I didn't know existed.  And you definitely know how to melt your momma's heart with the sweet way you say, "I love you momma".  I cannot imagine a life without you, and yet it literally takes my breath away when I think on the fact that God saw me as worthy to be your mommy.

Every day I pray that I am able to live up to that calling.  You deserve the best, and I hope you know that I am trying to be that for you.  Some days, I am sure that I fail at that, but I will never quit trying. 

So when I celebrate Mother's Day today, really, I am celebrating you.  Because I love you.  Because without you, I wouldn't be a mommy.  And because being your mommy has been the greatest joy of my life.

All My Love Forever,
Momma



Goose and Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.