May 24, 2011

Take a Moment

Yesterday, I was shocked and saddened by the news of the deadly Tornado that hit Joplin, MO Sunday evening.

It has devastated the city, and many families have lost everything.  There have been lives lost, and many are injured.  I cannot imagine what they are going through right now.

As I read the news stories and saw the videos and images, it made me take a moment and really be thankful that my family and friends are all safe right now.  Sometimes we forget how blessed we are until we hear about something like this.  I don't know anyone who is effected by this storm, but my prayers are with those who do, and those who are in the thick of trying to put their lives back together right now.

This was once a neighborhood...


If you have not heard about the storm, or want to read about it, go to ABC News here

And I urge you to find a way to help the victims of this tornado.  There are many way to help...here are a few:

-If you want to donate to The American Red Cross, You can call 1-800-RED-CROSS or text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to your local Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.

You can also visit their Disaster Relief Donation Page here

-To donate to the Salvation Army, you can call 1-800-SAL-ARMY and donors can text "JOPLIN" to 80888 to make a $10 donation. And you can mail a donation to Joplin Tornado Relief, The Salvation Army, 3637 Broadway, Kansas City, Mo. 64111

You can also visit http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/ and click on the donation button.

-You can also donate to World Vision 
To donate $10, text the word "TORNADO" to 20222 or call 888-56-CHILD.

-If you want to volunteer to help, you can click here to sign up.

-You can pray for the victims and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.